Honeycomb waterjet cutting pad
During water jet cutting, the material to be processed is separated by a high-pressure water jet. As a rule, the workpieces to be cut require a carrier/a cutting support which is usually designed as a honeycomb element. Our WaveCore ® plastic honeycomb has been used as a reusable cutting pad for years. Especially for clean water jet cutting systems.
Due to the honeycomb structure of the WaveCore ® cutting pad, the water jet only comes into contact with the edge of the honeycomb and is then dispersed without bouncing, which allows a perfect cut of the part.
• Reusable solution that protects the environment
• Partially made of recycled PET plastic
• Available in thicknesses from 10mm to 160mm, with 9mm or 18mm hole width
• Light weight and thus easy installation
• Very low moisture absorption and fast drying
• Cost-effective alternative compared to metal honeycombs
AREAS OF APPLICATION
• Clean water jet cutting
• Polypropylene foam (EPP)
• expanded polystyrene (EPS foam) Styrofoam ®
• PUR polyurethane foam
• Elastomers, various rubber materials
• Nonwovens, plastics, e.g. acrylic and polycarbonate
Clean water jet cutting is the ideal cutting method for soft materials without the addition of abrasive cutting agents. The fine water jet serves as a tool for separating almost all plastics, foams and elastomers of different thicknesses. Pure water jet cutting is the optimal manufacturing solution for the processing of heat-sensitive materials, since it is a cold cutting process. The material is not subject to thermal influences that could burn the material or cause microcracks.
We will gladly give you more information about our cutting materials. You can contact us at any time.